Hafsteinn Þráinsson, BA in composition, gives his final concert from the music department of IUA on Tuesday, May 8th at 8pm at Salurinn - Kópavogur.
Hafsteinn began studying the guitar at an early age, graduating with a diploma in 2015. He has a varied background, having been active within different genres of music. In 2012 he started the Icelandic electro rock/indietronica project Ceasetone, that has taken him around the world on concert tours.
Hafsteinn's music is based on strong contrasts and flowing diversity as regards sounds. He emphasises the contrast between the electronic and the acoustic sound worlds and seeks for ways in order to blend the two worlds together in a direct and decisive way.
- Sofie Meyer, violin 1
- Margrét Soffía Einarsdóttir, violin 2
- Karl Pestka, viola
- Unnur Jónsdóttir, cello
- Elvar Bragi Kristjónsson, trumpet 1
- Jakob Van Oosterhout, trumpet 2
- Ingi Garðar Erlendsson, trombone
- Friðrik Margrétar-Guðmundsson, piano
- Pétur Eggertsson, bass synthesizer
- Hafsteinn Þráinsson, electric guitar
Conductor: Úlfar Ingi Haraldsson
Photo credits: Leifur Wilberg