You have access to a large number of scholarly databases and journals
- National access to scholarly databases, including ProQuest and EbscoHost, for anyone using an Icelandic IP address
- IUA access to a number of specialized subscriptions, only through the school's IP addresses
To access the IUA specialized subscriptions off-campus, you need to set up a proxy:
We recommend using the Firefox browser only for accessing the databases.
Firefox browser has the ability to have proxy settings only for that browser otherwise you have to turn proxy settings on and off because the proxy only allows connections to the databases the Library has subscriptions to.
- Open Firefox (install Firefox if it is not on your computer)
- Open Firefox/Preferences (⌘+,)
- At the bottom of the page you will find Proxy settings.
- Use the settings as they are in the photo below.
- The next time you open Firefox you will be prompted for username and password (MySchool
@lhi.is) Remember to save password.
The IUA specialized subscriptions:
(Art Bibliographies Modern): Abstracts in the fields of 20th century visual art, design and photography.
(Design and Applied Arts Index): A design index with special focus on the 20. century.
(International Index to Performing Arts): A resource focused on theater arts, dance and film.
IPA Transcriptions and Literal Translation of Songs and Arias. Contains more than 5000 transcriptions.
An interdisciplinary database. Contains lots of information about music.