Each semester the Iceland University of the Arts welcomes around 35 exchange students from partner institutions. As the number of applications exceeds the number of available study places, the selection of students is based on the quality of their applications and portfolios.
Please find below the list of study programmes that are open to exchange students. The IUA only accepts exchange students for the period of one semester, with the exception of students applying to the Department of Music. Exchange students are admitted as full-time students and are expected to complete at least 20 ECTS, within the programme they have applied for, during their exchange semester.
- IUA does not accept applications through email or regular post.
- Please make sure to use the Exchange application form here below, and not the electronic application on the website of each study department.
For applicants applying for Departments of Design and Architecture, Fine Art, and Performing Arts:
For applicants applying for Departments of Music:
IUA only accepts applications to the Department of Music through the online application system EASY.
When applying online, make sure to double check that you have chosen the correct home institution.
Prepare the following before starting your online application:
- List of subjects for the online study plan
- Audition Recording / Examples of work
- Letter of Motivation
- CV in English
- Photocopy of passport / ID Card
You will find the EASY application here.